Saturday, April 19, 2008

Camping at Guadalupe River State Park

We just got back from camping at Guadalupe River State Park. It was really fun. This is our second camping trip this year and our third in the past seven years. I miss camping and hope we can do it more. Cheri hopes that we can figure out a way to sleep more when camping. :-)

We ate tin foil dinners, roasted marshmellows, sang camp songs, slept (if you want to call it that) all together in our four man tent, went hiking, and threw rocks in the river.

Nicole's favorite part was a tire swing that we found at a park there. Christian's favorite part was swinging on the tire swing with Nicole. Cheri's favorite part was the pretty river and the warning about the 30 pound raccoons (which she claims she heard walking around our tent after I went to sleep). My favorite part was making memories as a family together.

1 comment:

Graham Fam said...

That is so great that you guys went camping. I'm sure now that the weather is warmer you will be going more. I love camping. Glad you had fun.