Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update on Me

Elders Quorum First Councilor Again
In my last post (I know it has been two months, sorry) I mentioned that I was released from being the 1st councilor in the Elders Quorum Presidency when my president was called as Bishop. Well I have been called again to be the 1st councilor in the Elders Quorum Presidency. I guess I didn't get it right the first time. I know I have more to learn. The two Elders Quorum Presidencies are as different as they can be. I love both of them. I feel a sense of rededication as I restart on the same calling after a two month hiatus.

Toastmasters
I recently completed my 5th speech in Toastmasters. Toastmasters is an international organization dedicated to helping individuals improve their public speaking ability. In Toastmasters there are three ways to improve public speaking:
  • By volunteering to be the timer, aw counter, evaluating other speeches or other assignment during the meeting.
  • By volunteering to participate in the Table Topics which is an impromptu speech where you are given a random topic on the spot
  • By volunteering to give prepared speeches
I have already seen an increase in my confidence and ability to speak in front of others which is very important for my effectiveness both at work and in church.

Password Protection
Recently Cheri became nervous about having a public blog. I know lots of people who have public blogs and family websites without any problems, but life is all about keeping your spouse happy. So until further notice, this blog is password protected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments: